PRICES REFLECT DECEMBER 6, 2019 ISSUE OF MADISON’S LUMBER REPORTER
BENCHMARK 2×4 Kiln Dried R/L #Construction #Framing #North #American #Softwood #Lumber and Panel Prices Graphs: December 6, 2019
Western SPF: USA Repose
- Players in the United States took a couple of days off from selling Western-Spruce-Pine-Fir softwood lumber after enjoying their Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
- Sales activity marginally improving as the week wore on.
- Everyone was sorting out their immediate needs for the coming weeks before the Christmas holiday break – extended for many in the forest industry this year – arrived.
Western SPF: Canada Ease Off
- Sales activity of Western-Spruce-Pine-Fir softwood lumber in Canada started off quiet as US buyers slowly spooled up after American Thanksgiving.
- Demand picked up during the week.
- Plenty of customers needed wood but avoided carrying more than essential inventory into 2020 for tax purposes, as is usual.
- Demand for 2×4-8’ straight lengths and for low grade offerings was really strong.
Softwood Lumber Prices Weekly Benchmark Lumber Prices Graph: December 2019
Standard Construction Framing North American Dimension Softwood Lumber and Panel Prices: Wholesale Price December 10, 2019 (net FOB mill North America)