PRICES REFLECT FEBRUARY 7, 2020 ISSUE OF MADISON’S LUMBER REPORTER
BENCHMARK 2×4 Kiln Dried R/L #Construction #Framing #North #American #Softwood #Lumber and Panel Prices Graphs: February 7, 2020
Western SPF: USA Rolling
- Early last week the US Department of Commerce announced preliminary plans to reduce anti-dumping and countervailing duties on Canadian lumber shipments by more than half in August. Stocks of major Canadian forestry companies rose palpably following this announcement.
- Purveyors of Western Spruce-Pine-Fir lumber in the United States were very busy selling again last week, as unseasonably good weather and resultant construction activity persisted in many key regions of North America.
- Studs were in particularly short supply, allowing mills to boost prices almost across the board again.
- Sawmill order files of standard dimension, low grade, and studs all stretched out into late February or even early March in some cases.
Softwood Lumber Prices Western Spruce-Pine-Fir KD 2×4 #3/Utility Lumber Prices Graph: February 11, 2020
Western SPF: Canada Superb
- Though Canadian producers of Western Spruce-Pine-Fir lumber had myriad transportation-issues to report last week, sales activity and inquiry were undeniably superb.
- Sawmill order files were three to four weeks out, with beleaguered railcar supply pushing those timelines to four or five weeks.
- Landslides over the weekend caused major disruptions on both CN and CP rail lines, with the CP incident resulting in an indefinite shutdown of that route.
Standard Construction Framing North American Dimension Softwood Lumber and Panel Prices: Wholesale Price February 11, 2019 (net FOB mill North America)