PRICES REFLECT SEPTEMBER 6, 2019 ISSUE OF MADISON’S LUMBER REPORTER
BENCHMARK 2×4 Kiln Dried R/L #Construction #Framing #North #American #Softwood #Lumber and Panel Prices Graphs: September 6, 2019
Western SPF: USA Poised
- Purveyors of Western Spruce-Pine-Fir lumber in the United States came back after celebrating the Labour Day holiday weekend to a good tone in the lumber market.
- Field inventories remained low as cagey buyers weren’t willing to go long on any deals, and subsequent replenishing of stocks allowed sawmills to extend their order files into late September with ease.
- More sawmill curtailment and closure announcements added uncertainty to the supply-demand balance and generated some urgency among customers.
- Players expect an increase in sales volumes in the near future.
Western SPF: Canada Decent
- Western Spruce-Pine-Fir producers in Canada reported steady business at an improving pace this week, as they had expected.
- Order files at sawmills were into the week of September 23rd.
- For their part, buyers maintained low field inventories even as they scrambled to prepare for advancing construction markets with frequent, just-in-time purchases.
Softwood Lumber Prices Weekly Benchmark Lumber Prices Graph: September 2019
Standard Construction Framing North American Dimension Softwood Lumber and Panel Prices: Wholesale Price September 10, 2019 (net FOB mill North America)