PRICES REFLECT OCTOBER 10, 2019 ISSUE OF MADISON’S LUMBER REPORTER
BENCHMARK 2×4 Kiln Dried R/L #Construction #Framing #North #American #Softwood #Lumber and Panel Prices Graphs: October 10, 2019
Western SPF: USA Travail
- Madison’s is pleased to announce that our lumber market analyst, Earl Heath, will be attending the 2019 North American Wholesale Lumbermen’s Association (NAWLA) Traders Market in San Antonio, TX, from October 16th to 18th. We are excited to be a part of the much-vaunted convention and will see regular contacts, traders, and everyone else next week in San Antonio!
- Players in the US hoped that Western Spruce-Pine-Fir trading would pick up some steam after a lackluster kickoff to October, but last week was hardly different from previous.
- Lumber purveyors found that closing every transaction was a bit of a fight while lumber buyers remained reticent and cautious even as their already-low inventories ran down further.
- Two-week order files were common for sawmills.
Western SPF: Canada Labour
- Producers of Western-Spruce-Pine-Fir commodities in Canada sold a bit each day but demand overall left much to be desired considering the time of year.
- Despite solid construction activity persisting in many regions of both the US and Canada, buyers were slow to deal and continued to purchase scant volumes.
- Low transit volumes made shipments more timely and helped customers hold off when they wanted to, confident that when downstream orders materialized they’d be able to get what they needed from either sawmills or wholesalers in a timely fashion
Softwood Lumber Prices Weekly Benchmark Lumber Prices Graph: October 2019
Standard Construction Framing North American Dimension Softwood Lumber and Panel Prices: Wholesale Price October 15, 2019 (net FOB mill North America)