PRICES REFLECT NOVEMBER 8, 2019 ISSUE OF MADISON’S LUMBER REPORTER
BENCHMARK 2×4 Kiln Dried R/L #Construction #Framing #North #American #Softwood #Lumber and Panel Prices Graphs: November 8, 2019
Western SPF: USA Maintain
- A strong undercurrent of sales activity allowed US Western Spruce-Pine-Fir sawmills to keep most of their prices flat from the previous week as many buyers couldn’t avoid coming back to the table last week repeatedly to keep their inventories from bleeding dry.
- Players made particular mention of the strength in 2×6 R/L #2&Btr as availability of that item was relatively scant in US markets.
- No major problems in transportation were reported but shippers were anxiously waiting for the other shoe to drop, having gone through their fair share of weather-related woes in past years.
Western SPF: Canada Good
- Last week Western-Spruce-Pine-Fir producers in Canada worked through a period that was “quieter than we’d like” but still good and steady.
- Order files at sawmills on most everything were nearly through the end of November and expected to be into December soon.
- Sales of #4/Economy R/L was the standout last week, with players describing demand for it as hotter than a pistol.
- Apparently remanufacturers have become quite busy in recent weeks producing much more #4/Economy than most of this year.
Softwood Lumber Prices Weekly Benchmark Lumber Prices Graph: November 2019
Standard Construction Framing North American Dimension Softwood Lumber and Panel Prices: Wholesale Price November 12, 2019 (net FOB mill North America)