PRICES REFLECT July 11, 2019 ISSUE OF MADISON’S LUMBER REPORTER
BENCHMARK 2×4 Kiln Dried R/L #Construction #Framing #North #American #Softwood #Lumber and Panel Prices Graphs: July 11, 2019
Western SPF: USA Waver
- Last week, post dual-holidays, was a less-encouraging litmus test for remaining summer demand than players hoped.
- Western Spruce-Pine-Fir purveyors in the United States unanimously reported “sluggish” sales activity and soft pricing.
- Wholesalers and distributers did their level best to keep wood moving but most buyers were content with their inventory levels and showed no urgency in their cautious probings of the market this week.
- Producer’s reported order files at their sawmills a little closer, with most bookings into the week of July 22nd.
Western SPF: Canada Demur
- Demand sagged on both sides of the border following the previous week’s national holidays.
- Canadian buyers were surprisingly more active than their US counterparts.
- Rail car supply was spotty in a few locations while truck availability was fine.
- Recent rain in much of Western Canada was great for reduced wildfire danger, but one Western Spruce-Pine-Fir stud mill was still down after two weeks due to mushy conditions affecting log supply.
- Sawmill order files were at most two weeks out.
Softwood Lumber Prices Weekly Benchmark Lumber Prices Graph: July 2019
Standard Construction Framing North American Dimension Softwood Lumber and Panel Prices: Wholesale Price July 16, 2019 (net FOB mill North America)